A surprising article by Becky Barrow, property
correspondent, appeared in the Daily Mail recently.
Here are the salient points:
1. Home owners could be forced to put wind turbines on their roofs.
2. This is expected to form part of the
Government's energy review.
3. Alistair Darling has outlined his vision of a wind turbine
for every home.
4. Power companies will be put under pressure to make
customers use less energy.
5. Options include demanding that home owners put up
wind turbines, photovoltaic panels, or other renewables.
6. Small wind turbines cost around £3000.
ND comment ... The
amount of energy produced by a wind turbine won't be
metered. It will be based on a third of the rated output
of the turbine at 25mph.
It's difficult to think of a less accurate way of estimating
the energy output.
No doubt it will be the method adopted.
Back to top